Form not displaying properly? If you are using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as your internet browser you may have to adjust your settings. Configure Firefox and Chrome to open PDFs
If using Safari this information may be helpful.
March 1, 2018
Aircraft Registration Renewal Deadline
March 1-3, 2018
34th Annual Montana Aviation Conference
- The 34th Annual Montana Aviation Conference will be held in Missoula, Montana March 1-3, 2018 at the Holiday Inn, Downtown Missoula located at 200 South Pattee.
- Conference Registration Form
- 2018 Conference Program
For more information, contact Effie Benoit at 406-444-9580 or .
March 2-3, 2018
Montana Aircraft Mechanic Refresher & I.A. Renewal Seminar
NEW THIS YEAR: NO WALK-INS ALLOWED
Due to limited seating, IA Mechanic Seminar registrations will be accepted until sessions are full. Late registrations will be accepted at conference registration desk, based on availability.
- Holiday Inn Downtown, Missoula
- Tentative Seminar Schedule
For further information, contact Jan Smith at 406-444-9592 or .
March 5-11, 2018
Women of Aviation Worldwide Week
- Fly It Forward flights for girls of any age, in celebration of the first pilot certificate issued to a woman, French pilot Raymode de Loroche, March 8th, 1910.
For details, visit the Women of Aviation Worldwide Week website.
April 1, 2018
Aviation Awareness Art Contest
- Students from across Montana are invited to participate in the 2018 MDT Aeronautics Division Aviation Awareness Art Contest. The contest is open to all students in grades K-12 in public, private, and home schools.
- The first-place winners in each grade category, K-5, 6-8, and 9-12, will be flown to Helena, with their parents, on May 3rd for the awards ceremony at the Helena Regional Airport . Transportation Director, Mike Tooley will present all three winners with a trophy, certificate, and their artwork matted and framed. Following the ceremony, the winners and their families will tour the airport and enjoy lunch on Helena’s Last Chance Gulch.
- Second and third place winners in each category will receive a trophy and certificate of achievement.
- Contest requirements:
- Contest deadline is April 1st, 2018
- Contest is open to all Montana students, grades K-12
- Size of artwork is not to exceed 11”’ x 14”
- Artwork must have an aviation theme and can be color or black & white
- Please no tracing of images.
- All artwork must include the following: student’s name, student’s grade, school’s mailing address, phone number and teacher’s name
- Mail to - Art Contest
MDT Aeronautics Division
P.O. Box 200507
Helena, MT 59620-0507
- Deadline for all submissions is April 1, 2018.
- The Montana Department of Transportation (MDT) Aviation Awareness Art Contest is designed to broaden awareness of the importance of aviation and aerospace to the economy and to promote careers in these industries.
For more information about the contest, please contact Jake Hemphill at 406-444-9568 or .
June 15-16, 2018
AOPA Regional Fly-In, Missoula International Airport
- Enjoy exhibits, seminars, and aviation events.
For more information, visit the AOPA your freedom to fly website.
June 23, 2018
Sanders County Pilot Assn. 2nd Annual Wings & Wheels Car Show and Fly-in
- Thompson Falls, MT Airport.
- 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Free admission.
For more information call 406-529-4059.
June 23, 2018
Wings and Wheels Car Show and Fly-In
- Hamilton Airport (6S5)
- Join Ravalli County Pilots Association in conjunction Bitter Rodders Car Club for a pancake breakfast from 7:00 to 11:00 a.m.
July 28, 2018
Airport Open House and BBQ Potluck
- Lincoln Airport, (S69).
August 3-4, 2018
Three Forks Fly-In
- This is a two-day event.
For more information contact or call 406-285-6949.